24. A triangle can be constructed by taking its sides as
- (A) 1.8 cm, 2.6 cm, 4.4 cm
- (B) 2 cm, 3 cm, 4 cm
- (C) 2.4 cm, 2.4 cm, 6.4 cm
- (D) 3.2 cm, 2.3 cm, 5.5 cm
23. Choose the correct option in which a triangle cannot be constructed with the given lengths of sides.
- (A) 3 cm, 4 cm, 5 cm
- (B) 7 cm, 6 cm, 5 cm
- (C) 10 cm, 7 cm, 2 cm
- (D) 12 cm, 8 cm, 6 cm
22. A triangle can be constructed by taking two of its angles as
- (A) 110°, 40°
- (B) 70°, 115°
- (C) 135°, 45°
- (D) 90°, 90°
21. In which of the following cases, a unique triangle can be drawn?
- (A) AB = 4 cm, BC = 8 cm and CA = 2 cm
- (B) BC = 5.2 cm, ∠B = 90° and ∠C = 110°
- (C) XY = 5 cm, ∠X = 45° and ∠Y = 60°
- (D) An isosceles triangle with the length of each equal side 6.2 cm
20. Suppose in ∆PQR, QR = 4.2 cm, ∠Q = 120° and PQ = 3.5 cm. If PM ⊥ QR, then which of the following is true?
- (A) PM lies to the right of PQ
- (B) PM lies to the left of PQ
- (C) PM lies inside to the ∆PQR
- (D) PM lies to the right of PQ and inside to the ∆PQR
19. Consider a line AB and take a point C outside it. We can draw a line parallel to AB using
- (A) Ruler only
- (B) Compass only
- (C) Ruler and compasses only
- (D) Ruler, divider and compasses only
18. Which among the following information is enough to construct a triangle?
- (A) The lengths of the sides is given
- (B) The perimeter of the triangle is given
- (C) The measures of three angles is given
- (D) The names of three vertices is given
17. In which of the following cases can a triangle be constructed?
- (A) Measures of three sides are given
- (B) Measures of two sides and the included angle are given
- (C) Measures of two angles and the included side are given
- (D) All the above
16. When an equilateral triangle PQR of sides 5.5 cm is constructed, which among the following is correct?
- (A) ∠P + ∠R = 110°
- (B) ∠P + ∠R > 110°
- (C) ∠P + ∠R = 120°
- (D) ∠P + ∠R < 110°
15. A sign board of shape like an isosceles triangle is made. If the unequal side is 7 cm and one of the equal sides is 6 cm. What is the measure of the third side?
- (A) 5 cm
- (B) 6 cm
- (C) 7 cm
- (D) > 7 cm
14. Construction of a right-angled triangle is based on
- (A) SSS criterion
- (B) SAS criterion
- (C) ASA criterion
- (D) RHS criterion
13. Adrija folds a sheet of paper. The dotted lines as shown in the figure are the creases formed, which are
named as l, m and n. Which among the following is true?
- (A) l ||n and l ⊥ m
- (B) l ||m and l ⊥ n
- (C) l ||n and l || m
- (D) l ⊥ n and l ⊥ m