12. In ΔXYZ, let x, y and z denote the three sides. Which of the following is incorrect?
- (A) x – y > z
- (B) x + z > y
- (C) x – y < z
- (D) x + y < z
11. ΔPQR is constructed such that PQ = 5 cm, PR = 5 cm and ∠RPQ = 50°. What type of triangle it is?
- (A) An isosceles triangle
- (B) An acute-angled triangle
- (C) An obtuse-angled triangle
- (D) A right-angled triangle
10. How many perpendicular lines can be drawn to a line from a point not on it?
- (A) 1
- (B) 2
- (C) 0
- (D) Infinite
9. A triangle PQR is constructed with QR = 4 cm, PQ = 3 cm and RP = 5 cm. Which of the given statement is false?
- (A) RP is the hypotenuse of ΔPQR
- (B) ΔPQR is an equilateral triangle
- (C) ΔPQR is a right-angled triangle
- (D) ∠Q = 90°
8. Which angle of ΔABC is right angled if AB = 8 cm, AC = 6 cm, and BC = 10 cm?
- (A) ∠C
- (B) ∠A
- (C) ∠B
- (D) None of these
7. A line p and a point X not on it are given. Which of the following is used to draw a line parallel to p through X?
- (A) Corresponding angles are equal
- (B) Alternate angles are equal
- (C) Angle sum property of triangles
- (D) Pythagoras’ theorem
6. Given AB = 3 cm, AC = 5 cm, and ∠B = 30°. ΔABC cannot be uniquely constructed, with AC as base. Why?
- (A) The included angle of the given sides is given
- (B) The other two angles are not given
- (C) The vertex B cannot be uniquely located
- (D) The vertex A coincides with the vertex C
5. In ΔRST, SR = 5 cm, and ∠SRT = 45° and ∠RST = 45°. Which criterion can be used to construct ΔRST?
- (A) ASA criterion
- (B) SAS criterion
- (C) SSS criterion
- (D) RHS criterion
4. To construct a triangle ABC in which AB = 6.5 cm and ∠A = 70° is not possible when sum of BC and AC is equal to
- (A) 6.5 cm
- (B) 6.2 cm
- (C) 5.6 cm
- (D) 6.9 cm
3. The construction of a triangle ABC in which AB = 7 cm, ∠A = 60° is not possible when sum of BC and AC is equal to
- (A) 8.5 cm
- (B) 7.6 cm
- (C) 6.9 cm
- (D) 7.1 cm
2. Area of a right-angled triangle is given. To construct the triangle, we must know
- (A) hypotenuse of the triangle
- (B) measure of the acute angles
- (C) base of the triangle
- (D) height of the triangle
1. Which of the following triangle is not possible to construct with RHS criterion?
- (A) ∠P = 90°, PR = 5 cm, PQ = 5 cm
- (B) ∠A = 30°, ∠B = 45°, AB = 4.5 cm
- (C) ∠P = 90°, QR = 5 cm, PR = 3 cm
- (D) None of these
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank You Sir